- Its re-affirms that for Economic, Political relations and diplomatic relations with any other state may be never be negotiated under the force of aggression, coercion, or threat;
- This clause of Article 16 of Cuba Constitution ratifies its aspiration for a true, dignified and valid peace for all states, based on the respect for sovereignty and independence of the people and their right to free determination, expressed in the liberty to choose their social, political, economic, and cultural system as an essential condition to secure peaceful coexistence between nations;
- This Clause sustains the will to observe the norms and principles without restrictions, that constitute international law, in particular the equality of laws, territorial integrity, the independence of states, the non-use of threats of force in international cooperation and international relations for mutual and equal benefit and interest, the peaceful resolution of controversies on the basis of respect, equality and the other principles proclaimed in the United Nations Charter;
- This clause of Article 16 reaffirms its will to collaborate and integrate with the countries of Latin American and the Caribbean;
- Promotes the unity of all 3rd-World countries and condemns, imperialism, fascism,, neocolonialism, and other forms of subjugation in any of its manifestations;
- Promotes the protection and conservation of the environment as well as responding to climate change, colonialism which threatens the survival of the human species, through the recognition of common, yet differential, responsibilities; the establishment of a more just and equitable international economic order as well as the eradication of irrational patterns of production and consumption; (Noted of Article 16)
- Defends and protects the enjoyment of human rights and repudiates any manifestation of racism or discrimination (Article 16)
- This clause allow Condemnation to indirect or direct intervention in the internal or external affairs of any State and, therefore, also condemns armed aggression, any form of economic or political coercion, unilateral blockades that violate International Law, or any other type of threat or interference to the integrity of the States;
Article 16 of the Constitution that is very important to know.
What article 16 of Cuban Constitution say over the Russia invasion against Ukraine ?
In Chapter II of Cuban Constitution, it is mentioned about the International relations.
The Republic of Country Cuba bases its international relations on the exercise of its sovereignty as well as on the anti imperialist and internationalist principles in accordance with the interests of the people and, in consequence:
As much as their relationship with Cuba goes, Both Russia and the Soviet have continuously treated and acted Cuba as the island as if they were a supreme power. The Caribbean island’s strategic position, ninety miles away from its opposing rival, and constant tension in its relationship with the North American nation, has turned it into Associate in Nursing, an already historic and irreplaceable strategic ally, although it comes at a worthy price.
Despite the image of “equals” that the Cuban Communist Party has continuously needed to administer the bilateral relationship, qualitative analysis in the history then the late Fidel Castro Ruz was in power, in reality, there are solely hegemonic interests, unilateral choices and Cuba has even had to subjugate its national interests. The remainder is simply packaging, associated in Nursing illusion, a mirage.
Since the Cuban Missile Crisis, once events developed while not consultation, and solely Soviet interests were on the negotiation table (Cuban interests were solely gift if they suited their own); up till the shocking withdrawal of the “De Lourdes” Signal Intelligence station, against Fidel Castro’s desires as he received financial gain and knowledge from intelligence on the US; it’s clear that the Communist Party Government bows to Russia, and Russia uses Cuba with a lot of control than seasoned with the North American nation.
Along with the Republic of Nicaragua and Venezuela, Cuba has the discredit of constructing up the support cluster, on this aspect of the Atlantic, for Russia’s imperialist war against its neighbor land. These are exactly the 3 countries wherever tyranny has crushed or voided democracy, a typical purpose they share with Putin’s Russia, and wherever Russia these days and artificial satellite information agrees with official discourse.
In reality, the official discourse of Miguel Diaz-Canel’s Government is the same as that of Vladimir Putin’s. From an Associate in Nursing moral, humane, and even legal position, there’s nothing to justify this. Plus, our State has taken on totally different international commitments beneath its own government which of its predecessors are constantly unilateral .
What the Cuban Constitution ought to say concerning political/military events like Russia’s war against Ukraine?
Article 16. clause b) (The Cuban State) “ratifies its aspiration for a dignified, true, and valid peace for all States, supporting the respect for independence and sovereignty of the folks and their right to free determination…”
Article 16 Clause c) “Sustains the need to look at, while not restrictions, the principles and norms that represent law, particularly the equality of laws, territorial integrity, the independence of states, the nonuse of threats of force in mediation, international cooperation for mutual and equal profit and interest, the peaceful resolution of controversies on the idea of equality, respect, and also the different principles declared within the international organization Charter.”
While Article 16 clause h) “Condemns direct or indirect intervention within the internal or external affairs of any State and, therefore, conjointly condemns armed aggression, any kind of political or economic coercion, unilateral blockades that violate law, or the other sort of interference or threat to the integrity of the States.”
It’s clear that if they were to fit the Cuban Government’s own Carta Magna, they might be forced to condemn the Russian invasion of land since the start of this year, rather than support it, further because of the bootleg occupation of the peninsula in 2014. Not doing so is unconstitutional.
How will the PCC Government support Associate in Nursing imperialist war that wishes to strip land of a part of its sovereign territory, like Donbass and Crimea? However, will they support somebody because the World Health Organization is an exploitation war to settle discrepancies and apply political pressure?
These are queries that don’t have any answer in legal logic, however rather within the logic of double standards once it involves politics; in their disagreement with the North American nation and also the hope that Russian tyranny will facilitate them hold out against domestic and foreign pressure for Cuba’s group action.
This is why the PCC Government in Cuba and its official media aren’t exploiting the words “war” or “invasion”, however the expression “special military operation”, like Russia is, to outline the imperialist war of pillage against land. However, clearly, this isn’t enough to hide the dirt of their actions.
Extra Knowledge regarding Article 16
Article 16 of Indian Constitution – Equality of opportunity in matters of public employment
Article 16 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights- Right to marry and live a family life.